Important Update regarding COVID-19 and current Federal and NYS Restrictions
In compliance with current NYS Executive Orders, a food purchase is required with the purchase of an alcoholic beverage. We have added some shareable and smaller items to our menu. Our license and therefore our livelihood require us to follow NYS guidelines, please do not ask us to make exceptions.
In order to maintain as much of our atmosphere as possible, we have reduced our seating significantly. We will not be adding Plexiglas or shower curtains in order to add more seats. It’s just not our vibe. Here are some of the things we are doing:
– Face coverings – Per the current NYS Executive Order and reopening guidelines, all guests must wear a face covering except when seated. If you cannot wear, or refuse to wear a face covering, you can call 315-907-6060 to order and we can bring a to-go order to your car.
– All parties will be seated and orders taken at your table. We will bring your food and drink to your table.
– Please do not seat yourself or move or re-organize tables or take chairs from another table. Tables will be cleared and cleaned prior to the next party being seated.
– Menus, and other items will be sanitized after each use
– Reservations are recommended, especially for larger parties and our busier days. Call (315) 907-6060 during business hours to place your reservation.
–Please maintain a 6-foot distance between other customers and groups to the extent possible, and practice responsible social distancing.
–Children are welcome but must be able to remain seated (except restroom breaks).
We are still doing online ordering for takeout and curbside pickup, Orders can be placed online HERE
We know there will be challenges to implementing the restrictions put in place to allow us to open. Our plan is to follow the state and local guidelines that are required for us to open the Tasting Room, and update policies as often as we need to, to remain in compliance. Our space is fairly small and narrow, and not designed with social distancing guidelines in mind. We’ve done our best to allow for as much of it as possible.
This is new for all of us, please be kind and patient and we will do the same
TALKING CURSIVE BREWING COMPANY
Our vision is a brewery where you can always try something new, but where you can also count on a few favorites to be available. Come try them all and decide which one is your next favorite!
Spirit of Light
American Light Pilsner with 96% NYS Malt & 100% NYS Hops
Malt: Excelsior Pilsner, Finger Lakes Flaked Corn from New York Craft Malt, Batavia, NY, Carafoam
Hops: NY Vojvodina from Chimney Bluffs Hoppery, Wolcott, NY, Cascade from Clark Hollow Hops, Fabius, NY
4 % ABV
New York Rye Pale Ale brewed with 100% NYS Malt and Hops
Malt: Erie Canal Pale 2-Row, Hudson River Rye from New York Craft Malt, Batavia, NY
Hops: Glacier, Yakima Gold from Pedersen Farms, Seneca Castle, NY
5 % ABV
Scottish Export Ale
Malt: Golden Promise, Abbey ,CaraHell, Honey, Roasted Barley, New York Craft Malt Chautauqua Chocolate and Plumwood Smoked, Batavia, NY
Hops: UK Challenger, NYS Cascade from Clark Hollow Hops, Fabius, NY
7.5 % ABV
Wait For The Blackout
Black India Pale Ale / Cascadian Dark Ale
Malt: 78% NYS Malt - Erie Canal Pale 2-Row, Chautauqua Chocolate, Hudson River Rye, and Wicked Dark Wheat and Red Wheat from New York Craft Malt, Batavia, NY, Biscuit, CaraRed, Flaked Rye
Hops: Chinook, Citra, Amarillo, Simcoe, Ekuanot Cryo
6.5 % ABV
Malt: 96% NYS Erie Canal Pale 2-Row, Genesee Valley Vienna from New York Craft Malt, Batavia, NY, , CaraFoam, Melanoidin
Hops: Amarillo, Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe, Warrior
6 % ABV
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
- We will strive to serve unique, thoughtfully crafted beers. We believe that brewing is an art, and we use life and the world around us as our palette.
- We will join the growing community of breweries that are dedicated to bring brewing back to the Greater Syracuse / Central New York area, and help it become a beer destination while celebrating it's rich history of brewing.
- We will build a culture that supports involvement in our community from both our employees and our patrons.
Sign up for The DRaught newsletter
Hero Beer Thursday
Every Thursday from 4:00 – 8:00 PM we say “Thank You” to our local heroes. All EMTs, firefighters, military, teachers, nurses, residents, police officers, and other heroes receive a BOGO beer with their first Talking Cursive draft beer.
For the most up to date list of Downtown Syracuse parking, please refer to the Downtown Committee’s parking map We are nearest to the Washington Street Garage and the Federal Lot, and there is metered on-street parking on Erie Blvd W just to the west of our entrance and behind our building on W Washington St.
Come on In!
Hours of Operation
** Hours subject to change **
Tuesday 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Wednesday 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Thursday 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Friday 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saturday 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Thursday 11/26 Thanksgiving - CLOSED
Friday 11/27 Black Friday - Noon - 9 PM
Friday 12/25 Christmas - CLOSED